2.0

This reviewer isn't wrong, but they aren't telling you much in the way of useful information.

The company isn't great when it comes to service. If you need to make changes to your setup there is a steep fee. For me, this came in the form of a $70 charge to move my cable access into another room of the house. Also, there is a $50 fee for them to pick up their own equipment when you cancel service unless you drop it off at an office within 7 days.

Another gripe is that the cost of their service raises month to month pretty steadily with no warning to the customer. The monthly service rate would raise by $1.00 - $2.50 almost every month after that initial year's promised price. If you try to set up an automatic payment from your bank, you will have to change the amount month to month making that method somewhat useless. I ended up just overpaying so I wouldn't have to worry as much about it. When I cancelled service they owed me more than $50, which took 6-8 weeks for them to process and return when they wanted their equipment back to them within 7 days. That shows me they are more concerned with their affairs than they are with mine.

Lastly there were many interruptions in our internet. Once a month, at least, there would be a 3-4 hour gap in the middle of the day where the Internet would be down. When we called in the crash, the automated message would be prescription to warn us that it was known and a fix was in progress. Sure, they were on top of it, but this happened way too often still.

If you want an initially cheap monthly rate for a year on Internet services, you can look to these guys for semi reliable service. After that, you'll want to find someone else. My suggestion: find another service from the start unless you're desperate.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of wide open west internet service. Wide Open West needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned wide open west internet service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Wide Open West.

Had an Experience with Wide Open West?

Comments